Thursday, March 8, 2007

Bring it, Idol Girls...

So school's were closed yesterday, so that means Tom was home, which means I can't watch AI without feeling apologetic. So I'm catching up today on the DVR (God bless it).

Jordin - Pat Benatar. I don't know. It's a little old for her, IMO. I mean, she's singing mainly well, except the screaming parts, which turn me off, but I think she could have picked a song in this vein without going this far over to rock.

Sabrina - Who does she remind me of? It's like Gloria Estefan and...someone. Really boring, despite how well she can sing. I don't know if it's enough. Boring song, boring performance. Kiss of death on Idol.

Antonella - America, what were you thinking? Why is this amateur still here? Next to everyone else still left (on the girls side) she seems very...dare I say it? High school talent show. I don't know that song either, doesn't help, but if it's well sung, I don't need to know the song. But, hey, let's keep her around because we'll need some early sacrifices once the voting gets down to one per week out of the final twelve.

Haley - Yeah, you're gone tonight, hon. She definitely reads a lot older than she is - the clothes, the song choices. This is actually one of her weakest performances yet. Is this Faith Hill? She's country's answer to Whitney and Celine. Not many people can sing like she does. Haley is not one of them. She might want to pack her bags, just in case.

Stephanie - Love that dress. The higher notes were rough for me, but it was one of the better performances of the night so far, not just one of her personal best. Paula, you're really baffling me with the constructive criticism all of a sudden, while you totally rocked out while she sang. Mixed messages.

LaKisha - Damn, girl. You look hot, you totally rocked Whitney. What else is there to say?

Gina - She might not be the best out and out singer, but Idol needs a rocker. I can't wait to see what she does in some of the theme weeks. And I love that this is really her style, not her trying to be what she thinks America wants to hear, like others tend to.

Melinda - Holy heck. Chills, dude. That was hot. I love how she just seems to get more confident each week. She's awesome and seems like such a nice person.

So bottom two: Haley and Antonella. Any arguments? Didn't think so. But I'm not sure that's who's going home. I'm going to say for sure Haley is, but I'm not so willing to place my money on Antonella hitting the highway. I'm thinking Sabrina or Stephanie might end up getting the short end of the stick tonight.

But man, the bar has been set high. I feel bad for the boys because when they join up with LaKisha and Melinda, it's going to be rough. I'm thinking one of them is going to go home earlier than deserved, though, in one of those shocking Chris Daughtry (and others, seems to be one every season who goes home before someone else who deserves to) moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment