Tuesday, April 25, 2006

When the folks at Toys R Us offer to assemble something...

 

for God's sake - take them up on it. It cost ten dollars more and takes 24 hours. I'm putting my firstborn on this thing - do i really trust my own putting together skills enough for that? Impatient me, I didn't feel like waiting that long. We're supposed to have rain tomorrow. I want the damned bike today. Maybe I should have realized yesterday that I would want the bike tomorrow, but too late for that, now isn't it? Actually, I didn't realize that T didn't fit in his old bike (which has, as of 11 a.m. this morning, become G's bike) until I got it out this morning. Poor kid - his knees were banging into his elbows. That didn't actually seem to bother him that much, though.

The good news is, though, that I did get the bike together. I let T ride it. It didn't fall apart. That's something, right? I'm going to have the hubby tighten the bolts tonight when he gets home, but other than that, I think I did a pretty damned good job. Don't tell hubby that I didn't quite use the exactly correct tool at all times (which might have meant a trip to Sears for some new Craftsman tools, as all home improvement adventures do in his book). He's kind of a stickler for that sort of thing. I'm sure I should have used a special socket wrench instead of a...well, normal wrench. Does it have a name? And I dinged the paint on the bolts a touch, but I think that's the manufacturer's fault not mine.

One of us is a perfectionist. One is not. Any guesses which one I am? This is both good and bad. When things really need to be done right (and I can recognize this, even if I don't do it), I let him take over. When something just needs to be done, I do it. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment