Tuesday, April 18, 2006

This makes me giggle...

 

Every time I see this box, that I traveled halfway across the BJ's parking lot to rescue (actually I just wanted the cart that it was in, but I really did have to walk all the way across the parking lot to get it), I smile. Dill Wholes. Heh heh. Or do you have to watch That 70s Show to get it? OMG, TV comes up in every part of my life. I'm seriously addicted.

We've been doing well with our no/reduced tv days, at least when the kids are up, but as soon as they go to sleep, I tend to reach for the remote. Even when I want the house quiet, I turn the tv on, but leave it on mute. Why even have it on? I don't know. Tom asks me this all the time. I don't know why. I just feel better. For a while, I claimed it was part of a post-9/11 stress thing - I had the tv off that day and I didn't know what was happening. It was a scary feeling to turn the tv on to chaos. Of course, now I have the Internet at my disposal at any given moment, so I shouldn't have to feel like that anymore. I have stopped putting the news channels on every half hour. If I'm watching something on network tv, I can tell myself that if something truly major happens, they'll break into programming. Of course, the same isn't necessarily true of Noggin or Nick, Jr. That's why I have the Internet. Thank you, ATT Worldnet, for my DSL connection. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment