Friday, April 21, 2006

These quirky kids...

Where the heck did they get these odd little behaviors/habits/preferences from?


  • They tell the worst knock-knock jokes. Like "Knock-knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange who? Orange I'm so glad you didn't say pineapple." Yeah, he's close, but not quite there. And then G says "Say me anudder knock-knock doke. You say Who dere? I say knock-knock."
  • Their favorite lunch is "butter crackers." For those of you not in the know, in our house, this means cream cheese crackers. Cream cheese (in our house) refers to the kind that squirts from a can. Okay, so they have a quirky mother too. Not because I came up with those names, but because I bought the cheese in a can in the first place. I try to add strawberries for a little more nutritional value, but they eat them so fast, I can't keep them in the house (the strawberries, that is).
  • They're afraid of spiders, beetles, bees, ants, caterpillars, and pieces of string, dust, crumbs or carpet patterns that might resemble any of the above.
  • They like the BareNaked Ladies "One Week" because "Chickity-China, the Chinese chicken" is apparently the funniest line in any song ever. Ever.
  • T is the Knight, because he doesn't want to be the Dancing Queen. He argues with the chick from ABBA every time she says "You are the Dancing Queen." No, I'm not. G is. I'm the Knight. These two songs appear one after the other on my latest mix CD.

Okay, so I'm realizing that this list might actually reflect a bit more on me and my quirkiness and how it's being passed on to my kids. Never mind then. I get how they got to be this quirky. And you know, I'm kind of proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment