Friday, April 7, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies - does it get any better than this?

I get a surprising number of my favorite recipes from food labels. My favorite lasagna is the one on the Barilla box. My favorite frosting is the one on the Hershey's cocoa box. And of course, the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever made (the only one? I'll think on that and get back to you) is the Nestlé Tollhouse recipe (although when I see it written like that, I have to pronounce with a French accent, like Phoebe's grandmother's friend - told you I was a tv addict. And if I didn't, well, there it is). I made a double batch, because, well, just because. They're too good not to.

This is one of the things I'm happy that I'm doing with my kids. I don't always think I'm getting this mothering thing right, but this? This is good. We bake together. Do I harbor secret hopes that one of my kids will be a cooking professional one day? Maybe. Of course, I fully support whatever career choices they make, but If T becomes the next Alton Brown, well, that would be pretty darned cool. They take turns pouring sugar and eggs into the mixer. Then the real treat - licking the beaters. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment