Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Monday night television...

And no, it doesn't involve football, for MamaChris's love of football doesn't extend to the pros. Don't ask me why because I don't really know - maybe it's the outrageous salaries or the willy-nilly trading of players to meet ridiculously high salary caps or the almost mechanic perfection they seem to play with. Or maybe it's something a little more frivolous like the colors of the uniforms or the blinding astroturf they play on. I don't know. I think it's mainly the eagerness with which college players seem to play - so much less jaded than their professional counterparts. Not to mention I love a quarterback who'll run the option and that just don't happen in the pros.

Anyway, so what was I watching? I tried out The Class. A guy gets his third grade class back together? How random is that? I don't think I could name a single member of my third grade class (we did move the next year, but still...) Just awkward all around. I'm going to have to pass on that. But I seem to not like CBS comedies in general. I did, however, watch How I Met Your Mother for the first time ever (which was maybe not the best idea, since I didn't see any of the background that this episode was based on). It's cute. I could like it. If I could remember to watch it. The evening's main attraction was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I came into this with pretty low expectations, honestly. I hated the West Wing, I'm excited for Tina Fey's comedic show about a similar show, I dislike Hollywood portraying Hollywood (I also dislike fictional books about writers, just a little quirk I have). I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The show drew me in with Judd Hirsch's character's monologue and never let go. A very quick hour. I think I'll tune in again next week. It's not like there's anything else on.

No comments:

Post a Comment