Saturday, September 16, 2006

Any given Saturday...

There are few things in this life that I'm truly passionate about. I'm pretty laid back, easy going. Not a whole lot angers me or gets me totally irrational. Cars cut me off, well, I don't get why they think their destination is more important than anyone else's, but I don't get all road rage on them. I'm mainly patient with my kids, even when MissG decides she needs to go potty just as I've gotten everyone buckled into the car. I just sigh and deal with it. No big deal.

But you know what gets me going? Football. Which is funny in itself. I'm kind of a girly girl. I like pink. I keep my toenails painted, even in the winter. I bake, I knit, I sew. I do the girl things minus the high-maintenance stuff. And I love football, especially Notre Dame football. I mean seriously. You want to get me going? Ask me about how underrated the Irish are (and yes, I know they got their asses kicked by Michigan, but 12th? Come on.). Ask me how many calls go against them just because they're Notre Dame. Want to know where I am any given Saturday? Check the TV schedule because my day will have been arranged around the Notre Dame game. I pin my hopes on them every year, not really for a national championship because until the BCS gets their heads out of their asses and fixes that abysmal system that no one understands or agrees with, I don't see it happening. No, I count on them for good football. Because it doesn't matter who they play - it's a good game. Although I must admit this past Saturday's game was mainly just good for Michigan fans (which I am SO not).

You know the really ironic thing about all that? My husband doesn't even like football. Yep, he's a football widower every fall and hates it just as much as the wives whose husbands are glued to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment