Friday, May 12, 2006

Yesterday, I let G have McDonald's for lunch. Just G because T was at a friend's house for a playdate and S doesn't eat people food yet (not that she's not a person, but you know, baby food and all). Oh, she loves fries though. Is no one immune to McDonald's fries? I don't even eat fast food (Chick-Fil-A the sole exception), but I can't resist a McDonald's french fry. T didn't have fast food of any sort until the day I broke my ankle. He was 20 months old.

So the only reason for this and for my typically not letting them have fast food unless we're travelling is that I myself DO NOT LIKE fast food. I don't not eat it for health reasons or anything so upstanding. I just don't like it. And I'm a very picky eater. I can't force myself to eat something I don't like. DH can do that. I don't get it. I don't ban anything (well, you know, the really bad stuff goes without saying) from my house or from my kids. Of course they're only five, three and ten months so this has not been field-tested, but I think banning things just gives those things an allure they wouldn't have if not banned. This is how I was raised for the most part, and I was never a rule-breaker. Watch my kids turn around and raise holy hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment