Thursday, May 25, 2006

I had the strangest dream...

I sailed away to China on a little rowboat to find you and you said you had to get your laundry clean. What does that mean?

But seriously. I had a dream Monday night that I had my gallbladder removal surgery and when I went home, I had no scars or marks of any sort and I didn't feel better. I kept trying to tell people that they hadn't operated on me and were scamming everyone, but they all kept trying to convince me that it wasn't that bad and if you looked really hard you could see a mark. What does that mean? Well, my mom thinks it was my worry that having the surgery wouldn't make me feel any better. I think she's on to something there.

And then this morning I had a dream that I was waking up from surgery and fighting and struggling while they were finishing. And then the next time I woke up I was laying in a strange room with strangers all around me and I'd just had surgery. What does that mean? That second part there was true. I don't think the thrashing while under part was true (they'd tell me, right?).

So I'm short one gallbladder. I don't miss it. My stomach feels like I've been bashed repeated with a lead pipe, but other than that (other than that?) I'm pretty good. And pretty doped up on the Lortabs, I suppose too.

No comments:

Post a Comment