Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yay, 80s night!

Didn't I say last week that I hoped next in the theme weeks would be 80s? I'm so glad the powers that be at American Idol decided to help me out.

Luke "Jitterbug" Did you really just admit that your sister dressed you as a ballerina? Okay, I can tell right now he's going home. How do you take a theoretically fun song (theoretically because I don't really like it) and make it boring?

David Archuleta "Another Day in Paradise" Was this kid even alive in the 80s? What a stupid Phil Collins song to choose. Although I have to say that I like this about 3 million times more than Phil Collins, who I just can't stand. And I'm back to agreeing with Simon - I'd like to see a fun song from him.

Danny Noriega "Tainted Love" I bet he wasn't born in the 80s either. Is it just me or are these kids getting younger and younger? This was probably his best performance to date. Not saying much, there, though. DH is convinced he's really a girl.

David Hernandez "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" Is that what this song is called? It's the Celine Dion one that always seems like Meatloaf (did he write it?). Trying to get the idea of him being a stripper out of my head. It's not bad - saying a lot since I hate Celine Dion, but I've never liked him. Not just saying that because of the stripper thing.

Michael Johns "Don't You Forget About Me" Finally, someone who might actually have a memory from the 80s. And what a freaking awesome song choice. 80s movies fans like me will probably vote for him based on song choice alone. DH thinks this is sacrilege to redo this song. I think he rocked.

David Cook "Hello" Okay, I like the idea of this, but does he seem bored? I loved the arrangement - do you know how long it took me to figure out what song it was? I mean seriously - totally my style and interesting and fresh. But watching him? I don't know. He just didn't seem into it. Maybe because of the more mature nature of the song.

Jason Castro "Halleluia" Hey, it's the Shrek song. Okay, good. Very good performance, but I'd like to see him take it upbeat. DH thinks this guy looks like a reject from Star Trek. Oh, and that his hair looks like something our cat puked up. I'm not watching this with him next week.

Chikezie "All the Woman I Need" Really? God, I hate this song. He might one of the more interesting of my non-favorites this week, but what an annoying song.

David Cook, Jason Castro and Michael Johns get my vote this week. I pick Luke as the obvious choice to leave. Danny Noriega might be the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment