Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Idol Ladies do the 80s...

So the guys were kind of hit or miss for me as far as song choice goes. I'm hoping for some good 80s pop tonight.

Asiah Epperson "I Wann Dance with Somebody" Okay, two things. Honey, that is not a good look for you. And Whitney? Really? And besides that isn't this song done at least once per season at some point? She's not bad like most people are when they do Whitney, but I was hoping for better song choices.

Kady Malloy "Who Wants to Live Forever" Okay, how many weeks in a row have they told you to do something fun that shows off that side of Kady? This is NOT it. Really odd song choice. But she sang it really well, better than I expected.

Amanda Overmeyer "I Hate Myself for Loving You" Not a shocking song choice from her. I think I like it best of what I've seen from her so far. She didn't sound so strained. So she doesn't smile when they praise her - how do I not interpret that as her not being happy to still be there? Anyone else just want to see what she does with Big Band night?

Carly Smithson "I Drove All Night" Who is dressing these girls in these skinny pants with super high waists? Not good. I think this might be HER best performance that I've seen. She seems more into it than other weeks and it's a really good choice for her voice - she's also not straining or sounding like she's reaching too high or too low the whole time.

Kristy Lee Cook "Faithfully" Stop with the weird eye/head movements. Haven't I told her this every week? Yikes. If even I can tell you she's missing notes, it's bad. And isn't this Journey - as in the group Randy was with? Maybe not a good choice, although I like the country-esque arrangement of it.

Ramiele Malubay "Against All Odds" Why are we singing Phil Collins songs? And if we must, could we not at least change them around enough that they don't annoy me? Actually, she's pretty awesome on this, despite it's Phil Collins-ness.

Brooke White "Love is a Battlefield" I loved this song back in the 80s, even though I had no clue what it was about. I have to say I LOVE this acoustic arrangement of it. I loved it. I didn't like how unsure she seemed though after it was over.

Syesha Mercado "Saving All My Love for You" NOOOOOOO! Any song but that! Oh, Syesha.

Okay, so I'm definitely picking Kristy to leave. And after that stupid song choice by Syesha, I'm picking her too, even thought I want to like her.

Overall I have to say that the girls really stepped it up tonight. I'm pretty impressed. I think my favorite girl is Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment