Monday, March 17, 2008

Let's see if I can pull off sneaky...

My dad's birthday is Thursday and after wandering through Target for an hour and ending up with only a birthday card (for him, at least, I still managed to spend $100), I was feeling a little desperate. I could get him a new polo shirt for his golf tournament next week, I suppose, or a new package of golf balls, but, well, everyone did that for him for Christmas and it hasn't been nice enough to golf enough to lose 3 boxes of golf balls (at least, I hope that's true for his sake - I think he's only been once or twice since Christmas).

So I went snooping on his paperbackswap.com profile. I found his wish list and cross-referenced Barnes & Noble's website. One of the books was in stock (and the best part is the sequel is being released just before Father's Day - built in secondary gift) and I could get in under three days with expedited shipping. So I ordered it. Now I have to cross my fingers that his name doesn't come up on the wish list in the next three days. And that my order actually arrives before his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment