Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ladies night again

Gina – Is this Heart? If so, probably not the best choice. Sometimes a little rough, but I liked it. And nice that they’re giving the backup singers credit.

Alaina – Starts boring. You know, I don’t know if I’d pick a Dixie Chicks song – at least not this one - if I’m trying to get America to vote for me. Don’t get me wrong. I love the Dixie Chicks. I couldn’t really care less about entertainers’ politics, but there are plenty of people who still really don’t like them. I think she’s gone tomorrow.

LaKisha - Midnight Train to Georgia. She’s from (of late) my area, so we’re cheering for her. Might be a first to have a hometown connection. I wasn’t thrilled with this song choice, but it got better and she did her thing.

Melinda – My Funny Valentine. Excellent song choice. Although the weird facial expressions could go. I love this song and the originality of the choice. And she knocked it out. We got a hot one here tonight. I’m going to try to incorporate Randy-speak into every commentary.

Antonella – scandal aside, she needs to suck tonight so we can send her home honestly. Oh, good she’s helping out. What a crappy song choice. Why did no one suggest something different for her? Oh, so we would be able to honestly vote her out. Dude, it wasn’t for me.

Jordin – aw, honey. You’re so cute, and you sing well, but, well, this is boring.

Stephanie Edwards – What a pretty dress. Now I sound like Paula. She’s in the top half of the girls for sure. I mean top three, maybe. There’s definite lines being drawn. And I think she just drew one.

Leslie Hunt - She’s just a little too forgettable. Which is kind of a shame because she’s good and I like her. But how about some Janis Joplin or Mama Cass?

Haley – So to counteract the overly old performance of last week, she’s going overly young. It’s not working. Pack your bags, sweetheart.

Sabrina – Ugh, what a dull song. She’s good, but I hate this song.

Top three: Melinda, LaKisha, and Stephanie
So who’s leaving? Haley, Antonella and/or Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment