Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolved...

I've fallen off a lot of my 2009 habits that I was so proud of. I hurt my leg running so I chose to give that up so that it might heal without my constantly reinjuring it. I was eating so well, until I began my holiday baking and the kids got out of school (they had 16 days off - many habits fell to this). My laundry/cleaning routine is a nightmare.

So for 2010 I am resolved to get back on track. I never make resolutions - at least no more for the new year than I would at any point in my life. I don't see why the new year should mean anything different than the previous day. Every day is a fresh start, not just January 1.

At any rate, I will post my resolutions here and check to see how I'm doing (did I do this last year too and then never check it? Possibly. Okay, fine, probably).

1. Run a 5K. I was all set to run the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, until I pushed myself and ended up barely able to walk for a couple of days. Right now my tentative 5K is the St. Patricks' Day 5K on March 13.
2. Clean and maintain order in my home. Big thing here. I am not a naturally organized person, so this is very difficult for me. I bought the motivated moms planner and I'm hoping that the nature of the check lists and having a plan laid out for me will work and most of all, last beyond my initial interest.
3. Spend more quality time with my kids. It struck me during this break yet again how very quickly their childhoods are passing by. Maybe it was all the newborns in my family, but something made me feel very nostagic. Included in this resolution are to read more often to all the kids and keep better control of my temper (mainly while PMSing).

No comments:

Post a Comment