Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Idol Girls Night...

Okay, I'll try it again. I have high hopes for the girls - after all they should have learned something from the guys last night, right? Of course experience teaches that this is rarely true (and how could it be? It's not like they just picked their songs this morning)

Kristy Lee Cook - "Rescue Me" She seems more into being cute than singing. This is pretty dull. Ah, yes, that is the problem - it's too big a song for her.

Joanne Borgella "I Say A Little Prayer for You" I love this song, but she just doesn't seem to be having as much fun with it as one should. I don't know - maybe it's a little too high for her to do that. Meh.

Alaina Whitaker "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday" I kind of liked this. Interesting and she made it unique without butchering it.

Amanda Overmeyer "Baby, Please Don't Go" Let me start by saying I'm biased toward all the rockers. Always. I love her. And I can't wait to hear what she does in some of the odd themed weeks. I mean, the 60s was easy for the rockers, right? But what does she do with Crooner Week or Sappy Love Song or whatever? I hope she sticks around so we can find out. She's just the most interesting to watch.

Amy Davis "Where the Boys Are" This should go on the list with Moon River. Boring. Old. Don't sing this. And didn't someone unsuccessfully sing this in the past, just like Moon River?

Brooke White "So Happy Together" A completely different version than we heard last night (do they not tell each other what they're singing?), but still kind of interesting and unique. I like her too, so maybe that's why I'm being more generous. I mean, it wasn't captivating, but it wasn't bad at all.

Alexandrea Lushington "Spinning Wheel" Okay, I love this song too. The 60s seem to be my era. Which I already knew. Her whole thing, though, is just not my style. The dancing, the treatment of the song. It's all just not anything I'd ever listen to. That doesn't mean it's bad, just not me.

Kady Malloy "Groovy Kind of Love" I don't know that a ballad is the right choice for your main introduction to the voting public in general - they just tend to be boring (please see Amy Davis above), but I think it works for her. I really hate this song (can't get freakin Phil Collins out of my head and man, I hate his voice), so the fact that I didn't hate this performance is probably a good thing. Paula tells her she looks pretty - ouch.

Asiah Epperson "Take A Piece of my Heart" Oh, another favorite. And I love both the Janis Joplin and Faith Hill versions. I like hers too. It's got elements of both versions and still unique.

Ramiele Malubay "You Don't Have to Say I Love You" Okay, when Ryan said Dusty Springfield, I was sold. I love Dusty. I was hoping for Son of a Preacher Man, though. I like this girl's voice, but again the ballad for the first week...I think she's done the best job with a ballad this week, though.

Syesha Mercado "Tobacco Road" I will admit right now that she's been one of my top choices since her first audition. And when I heard rock notes, I was sold. She doesn't dance or do all the strange motions a whole lot, but then she doesn't have to to make it interesting.

Carly Smithson "??" Hmm, a sixties song I don't know. And I know she's one of the chosen ones this season, but that was just dull. I do like her new makeup look, though.

So Amy Davis is my top choice to leave. I'm also picking Kristy Lee Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment