Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Idol does country...

Yeah, I skipped last week. I don't know. I just didn't feel like it. I don't know. The show wasn't interesting, I was bored and out of it.

So on to country.

Phil - Keith Urban "Where the Blacktop Ends". I liked him tonight. I don't always, but tonight he was pretty good. He'll probably go home, right?

Jordin - Martina McBride "Broken Wing." What balls does it take to sing Martina (the Celine/Whitney/etc. of country) right to Martina's face? Luckily for Jordin, she's got it. Damn. I had chills.

LaKisha - Jesus Take the Wheel. Ooh, not her best. Just kind of shrieky at the high parts and drowned out at the low parts. I'm worried for her.

Sanjaya - Something to Talk about. What can I say? Nice bandana? Um, yeah, that's about it.

Chris - Mayberry. I don't know this song and I don't like him singing it. Is that because he doesn't do it well or I just don't like him? Can't tell. Probably at least partly that second one.

Melinda - Trouble is a Woman. This is the Melinda that everyone loves. Girl was on fire tonight.

Blake - When the stars go blue. Nice song choice, but to be honest, it was kind of boring. Of course, following such an energetic performance from Melinda, it could just be in comparison.

So let's rank them for tonight:
Jordin/Melinda (honestly, I can't decide which one was better tonight)
Phil
Blake
LaKisha/Chris
Sanjaya

I'd love to say that this is the week we say goodbye to Sanjaya, but my gut says LaKisha. I'd love to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment