Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Change would do you good...

I'm trying to make 2007 (or at least January) a new leaf - keeping my house less cluttered, keeping up with long-term household tasks, doing more fun things with the kids, being more patient with Tom and his workaholism. So far I'm doing really well with it all. In fact, I didn't even consciously decide that I was doing this until yesterday, when I noticed how I'd been making the bed every day - in the morning. See, I like getting into a made bed at night, but I don't usually like to make the bed as soon as I get up. So I'd make the bed at 10 and get in it right away. Kind of pointless. But since the Christmas break, I've been making it at least before Mr. T gets home from school. Weird.

I'm not normally the type for a New Year's resolution. If I want to change something about myself, I change it. I don't need a calendar page to force me to do it. Maybe it's just a reminder to people that you can be different. The year changes and so can you. I've just never felt like it was that big a thing. Change if you want to. Don't if you don't want to. Simple, right? And here I am with a New Year's resolution, even if I haven't officially called it that. I'm working out again (isn't January a great time for that? Holiday excesses are no longer an excuse for why my jeans are a little tighter. Get me to the treadmill), I'm trying to keep my house in "visitor readiness." You know? The state in which a visitor could come over at any moment and you wouldn't feel embarassed? It's the clutter that gets me. Dishes are usually done (lately, at least), and toys don't embarass me - I have three kids under 6, deal with the toys. But the clutter drives me nuts. But I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment