Saturday, January 6, 2007

Take me back...

You ever hear a song and just get a complete and total sense of where you were when you last heard it or where you first heard it or whatever? (Yes, I'm completely avoiding talking about that game. I'll talk about the first half, if you'd like, but I'm pretending the second half didn't happen. Go Ravens).

This has been happening to me a lot lately. I get suddenly nostagic for times that don't really warrant it (like my sophomore year of high school - I had more angst than an episode of Dawson's Creek - which is probably why that show is one of my guilty pleasures). I was out Christmas shopping after the kids went to bed (Tom was home and all, so I didn't just leave them in their beds) and - of all freaking songs - "Ice, Ice Baby" came on the radio. First of all, seriously? The radio? Have you broken every CD, wav file, cassette tape, DJ humming the ABC's in the station? Secondly, why the FREAKING HELL do I still know all the words to this song? That is some valuable real estate, right there, going to complete and total waste. That, my friends, is why I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night.

Tom and I are off for a night alone tonight. The kids are all three at Grandmom and Pop's (which equals my parents. Tom's parents are Grandmom and Granddad). We're going to eat a restaurant that only has one location and requires a little dressing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment