Friday, June 9, 2006

*&%$#@ Thunderstorms!

My kids are terrified of, well, lots of things. Spiders (I don't fault them), bees (again, no problem with that), ants, dust (you know, if it moves and could be any of the aforementioned creatures), and thunder. Oh, and cropdusters and tractors that move (well, most tractors move, but they're not afraid of ones that are turned off, only ones that are moving at the moment they see them). You see, right now is my ideal time to put all three kids in bed for a few hours. T & G will only lay in bed and read for a while. They don't sleep anymore. Baby S still naps for a good two hours, usually closer to three. But I need that time. No one has to sleep. They just have to rest. That's what we call it. But right now it's storming and they're too scared to rest. And I really need it today. I'll see if I can talk them into it. Maybe some good Laurie music will do the trick. Probably not, but it's worth a try, at least until the storm ends.

Oh, should I maybe turn of the McPuter (it's not a Mac, that's just what G calls it. Tom says she has aural dyslexia - she reverses the sounds she hears "COM" = "MOC" Puter)?

No comments:

Post a Comment