Friday, June 9, 2006

I'm seriously addicted...

 And I blame it all on my gallbladder. After the surgery, I'm not supposed to have much fat (and I've tested the reasoning for this - I'm going to stick with the no-fat diet). Well, marshmallows are fat free. Just a tiny bit of butter and Rice Krispies, right? Right. Yum. I've been eating them like...I don't know. I just had to have something sweet and couldn't find anything else especially low in fat (Peppermint Patties are, but I'm not fond. Blasphemy say Tom and my mother).

Besides what's better that sweet crunchy vanilla-y goodness? Well, some chocolate wouldn't be bad (testing fat-free Fudgesicles tonight - I'll let you know if they're worth it). I tried making these on the stovetop (as opposed to the microwave) the other night. Why, oh why, would anyone make them any way but the microwave? Maybe if you don't have one, but they should NOT list the microwave directions as the alternate. They should be the main method and the stovetop should be the alternate. What a pain. And a totally different look. These are clear and glossy and the stovetop ones came out white and matte. Taste the same, so we're good. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment