Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow...Or how I'm one of THOSE people...

I'm seriously annoyed that my kids had school today. I know Northerners and those from other snowy locations wouldn't have flinched at the snow on our roads, but I'm in the Mid-Atlantic, in a coastal area at that. We don't get snow. People don't know how to drive in snow. We are not equipped to remove snow from our roads. The road in front of my house was covered with ice and snow. I suppose I have the option of keeping my kids home if I so choose, but it's pretty ridiculous to build snow days into the school calendar and then send kids to school in snowy conditions.

I would like to complain to the school board, but I know they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. So I'm refraining for the moment. But I do have pictures of the condition of my road this morning. And I'll use them if I have to.

Also, there is more snow in our forecast. For guess when? The day I have to pick up over 100 cases of Girl Scout cookies. I'm the cookie mom for Miss G's Daisy troop and Sunday is pick up day. A Southern storm is supposed to come in on Saturday. I'm figuring we'll get record-breaking snowfall again. Every time I've had a plan or party, it's snowed. I think I'm going to stop making plans until June.

No comments:

Post a Comment