Saturday, July 8, 2006

In a strange place...

I'm so happy with me right now, which, quite frankly, is a little weird for me. I'm really thrilled with the way I'm progressing with photography (and not losing interest, which is more the point with me). I haven't answered any of my major burning questions, but I'm relaxed about that. I'm in that place where it's okay to not know exactly how things are going to turn out five years from now (and just typing that makes me feel silly for worrying about something so far off anyhow. No sense worrying about it - just make good choices today, right?)

We're still working on the fourth child question. I'm taking care of my nephew tonight and well, the fourth kid in the mix kind of works. But then I was out alone with all three kids last night and just the thought of going into Chick-Fil-A (the greatest food on Earth) made me exhausted. We went through the drive-through and ate at Great-Grandmom's. So I still don't know.

We're spending a lot of time right now catching up on the house - finishing all the projects we've started, working on the ones we've planned and actually doing the projects we've bought all the material for but haven't ever gotten around to. I'm staining our unfinished dresser to match our bed. Tom just laid the laminate flooring in our entryway and is now working on the closet organization system he's planned. Next he's going to tackle the sandbox he's promised the kids for three years now. Oh, and we bought a new car. A Buick Rendezvous with third row seat (just in case the fourth child question has a "yes" answer). It's Tom's - so it's blue with a sunroof. Those were pretty much his only criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment