Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The joys of moving...

Yeah, not so joyful. It's kind of a long story, but we're moving to DH's family's farm, into a farmhouse that his grandparents (now deceased) used to own that was inherited by my FIL. But it's full - I mean, full - of antique furniture that my grandmother-in-law had collected over the years. Most of that has been moved into a storage unit, but we're really only just starting to feel like we live here.

The kids start at their new school next week and I'm at once nervous and excited. In some ways, I'm just happy to be getting on with things. That's how I've felt for months now. We're unable to do everything we want to do when we want to do it, so it's just been a lot of frustration. I'm sure it's silly of me, but I just want school to start so we can settle into a routine. Silly because so often we pin high hopes on an event that just doesn't ever live up to our expectations.

In less than one week, I'll have just two kids home with me, only one of whom can do anything, so it will be like having one kid for the most part. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to entertain her all day long, but we'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment