Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another big day...

The most wonderful day of the year (did I say that already?). It's the first game of the college football season. Holy heckfire! I'm so excited I can't even deal with myself. I'm so excited that I forgot a day this week in my pseudo-menu plan (only a suggestion, not really a menu). Actually that might be because I"m still really sick and have been for almost a week now. A lesser (read smarter) person would probably have been to the doctor by now, but since I'm pretty sure it's just a cold and there's nothing a doctor can do for a cold, I'm riding it out.

Less than 12 hours from now, my ass will be firmly planted in front of ESPN enjoying I don't even care who playing football. Yay! Actually, I do have a connection to this teams playinig this evening. NC State is ACC, which according to my grandmother makes them the team I need to cheer on. She's a major sports fan - I mean, seriously. But most especially Maryland basketball. Which transfers easily to Maryland football. So her rule is Maryland, then anyone in the ACC (if it's two ACC teams, whoever's playing Duke - which in football isn't even fair).

BUT the other team is South Carolina, where my BIL (who lives with us now) got his master's and PH. D. from. So I should cheer them on, since the connection's a little closer (as in sitting on the other end of the sofa). But I don't even care. It's football! Football's back!

No comments:

Post a Comment