Friday, June 13, 2008

At least I won't have another late baby...

Of course, it appears that I"m going to have a troublemaker. I had to have an ultrasound yesterday because it didn't appear that the baby was growing for the past four weeks. Turns it's growing fine, but I have low amniotic fluid. So I spent yesterday in the hospital undergoing stress tests, including one where they actually start labor to see how baby tolerates it. It did well, so they stopped the meds and sent me home. I still don't get it. Why not just let me finish, since I had the IV and all?

I'm going back tomorrow for another stress test and ultrasound for the fluid levels. If all goes well, I'm being induced on Monday since baby didn't seem to mind contractions the second time around. I'm more nervous than I've ever been. Yes, I've had three relatively easy births, but I'm just one of those people who is always aware that things can go wrong. I try to keep that stuff out of my mind most of the time, but sometimes it creeps in.

No comments:

Post a Comment