Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Couch to 5K - Day 3, Week One

First off, I am in no way a runner. I have no intentions of running a 5K (though I reserve the right to change my mind about that as I get further into the program). I don't like to sweat, I don't like to exercise.

But I need to lose weight. I weigh the same as I did the day I went into the hospital to deliver my fourth child. She's almost 15 months old. My experience with my other three was that I didn't lose weight while nursing - in fact I couldn't lose weight until I stopped. Well, Miss V still nurses on occasion (maybe once every other night), but I'm hoping it works anyway.

I decided on the couch to 5K as my exercise routine because I wanted something intense but that didn't take forever to do. A - I get bored very easily and can't finish an hour long workout - not because I can't physically, I just can't stand that long doing one thing that usually isn't that interesting to start with. B - the less intense exercise I've been doing (albeit sporadically) hasn't done crap for me.

So I just started. Then I found some podcasts (though the Ullrey podcast is the best of the ones I've tried). And I've done it for three days now. My next goal is to work on my eating habits. I have a tendency to snack a lot, especially at night. I'm hoping that if I see some results this week, that I'll be inspired not to snack endlessly.

I'll try to update on my progress weekly. I'm not sure if I'm going to start week 2 on Thursday or if I'm going to do week 1 one more time. My first time I only made it halfway through (got bored and tried to run too fast too soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment