Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rethinking myself...

I have this image of myself as sort of Plain Jane, very buttoned up, sort of serious. I've had this picture of me like this since I was a teenager at least. This came to my mind recently when I saw a fabric I liked. I thought that is so me. It was a nice evenly spaced plaid in two colors. Then I saw a bright multi-colored floral and mess pattern - now that is the true me.

The older I get, I feel like I really know myself. And I may be quiet when I'm around new people and kind of shy about doing new things, when I'm the slightest bit comfortable, I'm kind of a crazy, colorful, opinionated mess. I have a pair of sunglasses that I have often thought were a symbol of my personality. Basic black on the outside, but the insides were wildly colored stripes.

It's kind of liberating and refreshing to update one's self-image.

No comments:

Post a Comment