Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pinterest Success (or not) – Week of 11/28

I’m trying to actually make/do some of the cool things I see on Pinterest rather than just admire and pin them. In the past week, these have been my attempts.

Origami Turkey

Not. Of course, at least half of this is on me since I thought brown construction paper would be fine for this. It was not. It was too heavy to be realistic, or even semi-realistic.

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

Success. At least, according to the hubby. I don’t like the crap. But he wanted something different to be added to the (considerable) dessert table at my grandmother’s house.

Paper Plate Lion

Success. This was our Girl Scout craft this week. We read a story in our books about how all the flowers and birds got their colors. I knew my girls like wild and crazy colors, so I let them color their lions whatever color(s) they liked, but they had to make up a story to explain why they were that color. It worked really well – easy enough for five and six year olds and didn’t take up too much time like most of my craft projects – and the girls came up with lots of fun colors/stories.

Other things I’ve pinned, but haven’t tried yet:

Clone of a Cinnabon

Fabric Trivet

Air-Dried Porcelain

Chili's Copycat Salsa

Refrigerator Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment